11.14.2007

Wherein Zac Goes Slightly Insane...

For a touch of the absurd, I give thee:

The 2008 Presidential Candidate's Theme Songs
(Note: Please take with a glass of humor.)

Mike Huckabee: "Hip to Be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News.

I like my bands in business suits,
I watch them on TV,
I'm working out most everyday,
And watching what I eat.

Joe Biden: "Ramblin' Man" by the Allman Brothers

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.

And when its time for leavin',

I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin man.

Rudy Giuliani: "Have You Forgotten?" by Daryl Worley

Have you forgotten, how it felt that day,
To see your homeland under fire,
And her people blown away,
Have you forgotten?

John McCain: "Bomb Iran" by Vince Vance and the Vandals

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran,
Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.
Bomb Iran. Let's take a stand, bomb Iran.
Our country's got a feelin'
Really hit the ceiling,
Bomb Iran.


John Edwards: "It Ain't Right" by John Fogerty

There go your big black limousine,
Shakin' your booty for the magazine,
Pickin' and posing like a wannabe
It ain't right, It ain't right.

Ron Paul: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something

You'll say, we've got nothing in common,
No common ground to start from,

And we're falling apart,

You'll say, the world has come between us,

Our lives have come between us,

Still I know you just don't care.


Dennis Kucinich: "Unwell" by Matchbox 20

All day,
Staring at the ceiling,
Making friends with shadows on my wall.
All night,
Hearing voices tellin' me,
That I should get some sleep,
Because tomorrow might be good for something.


Chris Dodd: "Swagger" by Flogging Molly

Don't know where I'm goin',

Don't know where I'm goin'.


2 comments:

Kingdom Advancer said...

Hi. I found your blog linked from Mike Huckabee's website, so I thought you might be interested in a new blog I created entitled "We Want a Christian President..." I want as many people to get involved with this effort as possible. Please check it out to learn more.

URL: http://christianpresident.blogspot.com/

Kingdom Advancer said...

By the way, did you come up with all those theme songs by yourself?